Quote for today
Heather has a background in improvement and change management within the NHS and is a qualified coach, counsellor and image consultant who is a member of the xué coaching team.
She has over 20 years senior management experience within the public sector including NHS, local authority and further education. With a proven track record of innovation and improvement within the NHS and local authorities, Heather is known for her ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. In the last 10 years she has been central in leading change within Children’s Services, including policy development at a national level in regard to children’s commissioning and improvement for looked after children. With a significant role in facilitation of implementation of policy at regional and local level Heather maintains a robust understanding of all aspects of Children’s Services within the NHS. Heather acts as a coach, mentor and mediator for senior children’s managers within the NHS.
- Change Management Experience: in depth change management experience in the health service across a large range of organisations; skilled in a range of improvement techniques including Lean thinking; successful delivery of improvement and efficiencies in challenging areas with children’s community services
- Review and evaluation: developed, managed and undertaken a wide range of service reviews and trials of innovative approaches to service delivery, including review of commissioning of health services for children in secure settings for the department of Health; experienced in all aspects of the review process including interviewing, focus groups, data analysis, cost benefit analysis
- Commissioning experience: direct delivery of commissioning services and of policy development and implementation; development of a range of commissioning approaches for localities or particular client groups (including the exploration of children and parents as commissioners); provided written guidance for commissioners, providers and GP’s in regard to children’s services
- Coaching and mentoring experience: supporting NHS senior managers via coaching and mentoring for the last 6 years as regional children’s lead at the Strategic Health Authority; coaching and mentoring approach has provided support in delivering significant change within the services and also in improving performance.
- Training experience: extensive experience of training with a background as a lecturer within further education and also design and delivery of customised training for industry; led counselling courses in FE colleges in Yorkshire; regularly involved in design and delivery of leadership courses within the NHS (including modules within the national NHS safeguarding leadership course within the East and West Midlands)
- Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution experience: trained with the European Centre for Dispute Resolution and acted as lead mediator for Hull and East Yorkshire NHS for 2 years; successful use of a mediation approach in forging and developing partnerships between NHS and other agencies and organisations; developing regional solutions to common problems; accredited children’s advocate with the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)
Heather is an experienced NHS senior manager with an undergraduate degree in Zoology, a Certificate and post graduate diploma in counselling, accredited NHS executive coach (NHS institute and Strathclyde University) and a qualified image consultant. Heather is also accredited to deliver RSA in Counselling and is an accredited trainer with the institute of Environmental Health. Heather also leads a variety of Lean projects and has a Green Belt in Lean Thinking
Heather shares the xué spirit to learn. Heather has a wide range of interests and a love for personal growth, having explored many aspects of learning and development throughout her life and career including the emotional, physical and philosophical aspects of wellbeing. Heather is committed to supporting others and aiding their development and summarises her approach in 3 words - holistic, supportive and exceptional.