Quote for today
Liz has a background in healthcare, working from ‘bedside to Boardroom’, and is a member of the xué coaching, mediation and mentoring teams.
She has a proven track record in a number of key management and leadership positions in public sector and 'third sector' organisations. In recent years Liz has gained extensive experience as a coach, mentor and facilitator; specialising in optimising the workplace performance of individuals and teams. This has involved Liz in working with a diverse range of individuals including those already in senior positions, those aspiring to such positions, those seeking or just getting into new opportunities and others who find themselves 'stuck' and want to move but need facilitated time to get there. Liz has also gained extensive experience as a facilitator, working with groups and/or teams.
- Leadership experience: in the NHS as a senior clinical leader and Executive Director in two large and diverse NHS Trusts and in the UK's largest professional organisation as a 'Country Director' (Wales) and HQ Executive Director. Liz has undertaken extensive work in professional self-regulation. In 2008 Liz was been appointed Trustee of an organisation that provides services for young adults with learning difficulties
- Coaching experience: providing 1:1 sessions for executive level and senior/middle managers from many backgrounds and professions as well as small team coaching for up to 6 persons
- Facilitation experience: assisting change management, team building and strategy planning/development/review. Liz is particularly adept at facilitation that turns around dysfunctional teams
- Mediation experience: part of portfolio for consultancy practice, used in coaching & facilitation, personal style and when requested by parties seeking mediation or advice on mediation skills
- Psychometric assessment experience: a licensed user of a strengths management tool (Life Orientations®) that supports individuals seeking coaching, those seeking team building/development, leadership development, time and/or stress management. It can be used with individuals and/or as part of a 360° feedback process
Liz has a Diploma (DMS) and MSc in Management. She is an accredited independent mediator and licensed user of LifO®. In April 2008 she expects to be accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) as an executive coach. This will give her membership of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC).
As part of xué Liz is committed to providing high quality services that are tailored to the needs of clients. She is passionate about working with people to facilitate them in reaching their full potential and in feeling fulfilled in their life experiences. She is a great believer in positive change, whether on a personal or organisational level, and that the key to achieving this is to work with people to give them confidence, competence and positive energy to cope with the challenges of everyday life.